Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Bachelor’s degree in early education/elementary education
Valid Texas certificate in appropriate area
Knowledge of positive behavior interventions and supports
Knowledge of early childhood programming
Provide direct instruction to students with disabilities age three to five, with an emphasis on teaching appropriate replacement behaviors and social skills to promote successful inclusion in less restrictive settings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct instruction in social and behavioral skills according to students’ targeted behavior goals.
• Develop and implement appropriate Individual Education Programs (IEP) for assigned students to achieve mastery of the essential knowledge and skills.
• Prepare documents and attend ARD/IEP meetings for students eligible for special education.
• Collaborate with preschool and primary general education personnel in providing instruction and behavior support to assigned students.
• Stay current on educational practices and apply new instructional and behavioral strategies as appropriate.
• Effectively manage and provide positive behavior supports for eligible students.
• Attend district required, job specific trainings and staff development (including behavior, autism, specific content areas, and district collaborative meetings)
• Oversee the responsibilities of the paraprofessional in implementing student programs, to include training regarding data collection and implementation of specific instructional strategies.
• Collect and maintain data related to student progress.
• Report progress on IEP goals/objectives as stipulated by district policy and ARD documents.
• Communicate regularly with general education and preschool teachers and parents/guardians regarding student progress/needs/concerns.
• Other duties as assigned.